Sunday, August 12, 2007

ORDed

04 days to Olevels english oral.

18 more days to preliminary languages paper 1

29 more days to preliminary written papers

39 more days to end of preliminary examinations

71 days to START of OLEVELS

93 DAYS TO END OF IT!



My NPCC life.
14 February 2004 -- 08 August 2007



My NCOship.
06 July 2006 -- 08 August 2007 [last parade --> 25 May 2007]




We really went through a lot together.

Initially, we were all blur-looking people, stepping on our first milestone in NP. To now, we were all equiped with skills of Drills, Campcraft, campfire, fire fighting, jungle survival...etc.

Through all the Adventure training camps, NP annual camp, ATF and all our fun, we had ORD.

Somehow, I think NP changed my way of thinking and built up my character. How has it helped? I don't know how to put it into words. From NP, you get to make friends from other schools, learn about other skills that might not have any use in future. But, it's hard to say if these skills are useful or not. You will never know if you will be a soldier in future where you have to learn Drills. Some can also be adventure trainees where knots and lashings are useful. Whereas camping trainees are required to know campfire knowledge. Even if you are not a firemen, skills of fire fighting should be instil in us so as to help put out fire in times when it is needed.


Last year, I remember running about during ORD so as to ensure that everything went on smoothly. It sure is a busy time trying to make the event successful. But I am sure sec 3 did a good job on wednesday. At least it was enjoyable for us. We had a fun time trying to take photos. Most importantly, the balloons you people gave us was memorable. It was COOL!

In NP, I have learnt drills, from sedia to static, to marching, to baton, rifle... In campcraft, knots, lashings, hurricane and pressure lamps, flagstuff, gadgets, topography. Fire fighting is on how to use a fire extinguisher to put out fire. how to built a campfire structure? and all the other fun we had together in the squad. Be it, camps or normal parade.

I am sure that all of us will always remember the times when Yew Seng took us. Our peak of drills. We were once so high under his guidance. But we too were high when we took over the unit when we plan parades every tuesday afternoon. All the basketball sessions in NP room by Anli, Yiyang and Jie Heng. The lecture in NP room during our Orientation Camp 2007 by Anli. Eating our lunch from western food in the NP room. Opening up the NP room every single day for don't know what's the purpose. Friendship is bonded among us and I am sure we will never forget about those days.

There is no more waiting for NP parades to start every Friday, planning parade every tuesday, waiting for debriefs after every parade by the CIs, waiting for the sky to turn black before Anli, JieHeng Yiyang, Jinxing decided to stop playing Basket ball and go home by MRT. All these routine events had been the past.

Million thanks to :

Weiqi, Stella, Anli, Yiyang, Jie Heng, Jerome, JinXing, Huiyu for going home together after NP parades, plannings...

XinXuan for being my pal in NP. Shall miss you lots.

Eepeng, Xiuying, Zhixin, Carissa, Chenyu, Ting min, Wendy, simin, Letts, xinrong, hongyang, kejun. For being my squad mates.

How can I forget KEN? LOL. Thanks for making NP so enjoyable for me ba. Through all your jokes and laughter.

Weihang, for being the chairman and leaving early for us to return the NP room keys..etc. But still, you did a good job in maintaining such a playful bunch of people during parades. Haha.



There's too much to thanks for. Shall stop typing thanks.

From Private, Lance Corporal, Corporal, Sergeant. I had once tried to give up on NP after failing my LCP test twice. Somehow, I don't dare to quit like others and I held on. Should I be glad that I hang on?


ORD on 08 August 2007

It's National Day Celeration in school. Taxi from Yew Tee came at 5.40am to bring me to school. Being the earliest in school, they [Jerome, Jinxing and Huiyu] started to polish their badges and boots. Me, slacking since I reached school. Haha. I din polish my boots, badges or anything. Just sit under the fan and enjoy the wind. Haha.

After putting belongings into the AVA room, I went down to report for the Service award recipiants for the Service Award prize. Sat down at the canteen waiting for the prize presentation from Mr Lau before going to amphitheatre where we stood until the school is dismiss to respective areas. Sec 1, 2, 3 are at the hall enjoying the aircon of cheer competitions whereas Sec 4 are having the Healthy lifestyle excercise. Both my plague and certificate for the Service award are wrong. Sigh. Put them into my bag before slacking outside NP room playing with rublik's cube and chatting with chunlai, jerome, jinxing. etc. We went to the hall at the last 20 minutes for prize presentation and sing-a-long sessions of national day theme song. After that, we were dismissed.

Slacking around doing nothing while waiting for NP ORD to start. After changing into our NP uniform, we took photos. Lots and lots of photos in the AVA room, outside NP room, canteen before we fall in at parade square for muster parade. We had our unit inspection by Mrs Lee and which muster parade is held in the airconditioned auditorium. more photos were taken while we wait for the Sec 3 to invite us to the auditorium. Took the lift up and stepped into the nicely decorated auditorium. We got our new ranks and enjoyed the performances and speeches. I took video of Huiyu and Yiyang's speech. Half way of Stella's speech, the memory full and the video is cut. Overall, the sec 3 overrun the whole event by 1 hr 30 mins. Our performance got cancelled in the end and phew, at least I wont be on the stage. Haha.

After the auditorium performance, we had our POP. Some how it seems so sad that we passed over the unit to the sec 3. Seriously I hope the Sec 3 will bring glory to our unit by obtaining a GOLD unit for us. I know you can do it. So 要加油.

Buffet was nice. It's my 1st decent meal for the day since I did not eat any decent meal for the whole day. Our last Yam Seng together as a squad, more photos are taken until 7.30pm where we finally went to changed out of out NP uniform and leave the school. More photos photos and photos are taken. Shall upload them soon. When will we wear our NP uniform again since we had not taken our annual unit NP photo yet. This time, I shall make sure that my uniform is nicely wore. The badges are straight, beret seasoned, boots polished, socks up as it will be my one and LAST time wearing it. Haha.

Congrats to JEROME & HUIYU for getting the BUCs. Where's my reward for getting it correct?

That's should be all.

Bye NPCC.

No comments: